BBQs and Dessert?!
As we remember and honour all of the soldiers who have died protecting our country we will enjoy family, friends and community with one another.
You may be headed to a BBQ and wonder what you can take. You can always take a hearty and healthy quinoa salad that will give you a delicious and healthy option to choose from. There's always tons of desserts at these type functions as well. I don't want to feel like I can't have any or feel guilty about enjoying one. So I wanted to share a lite dessert that you could offer to take to your function so you can enjoy a guilt free dessert. It's simple, easy, yummy and perfect for the any BBQ or Summer funtion. This dessert should serve about 20 people with the proper serving size. Low calorie and about 3 WW points.
1 Angel Food Cake
2 Pints of Strawberries sliced
2 White Chocolate Sugar Free Pudding Mix (1 oz size)
4 cups of skim or 2% milk
1 Large Lite Cool Whip tub
1. Cut the Angel Food Cake into 1 inch squares and set aside.
2. Slice all Strawberries and set aside.
3. Make the pudding mixture as directed on the box.
4. Add the tub of lite cool whip and mix with pudding.
5. Make your trifle by layering about 1/3 of your pudding mixture on the bottom. Add half your angel food cake squares then add half your strawberries. Repeat layer again.
6. Top off with 1/3 remaining pudding mix, a strawberry and a few angel food crumbs.
Enjoy your weekend. Make good choices!
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20