How to Conquer the Holiday Party
Another Party. More Food. What do I do?
This is the season of party, fun and FOOD! It can be hard to feel like you are staying on track during all the festivities. It’s ok!!! Enjoy the season, it only comes once a year! Here are a few tips to help you during the season.
1. Eat a little something before you go. Don’t show up to the party starving. Especially if it’s a “bring a side or a dessert” type of thing. I am not good with those kinds of atmospheres. I never feel satisfied so I end up eating more. I need a balanced meal for my body to fee satisfied.
2. Drink Water. Be sure to drink lots of water throughout the day. Stay hydrated especially if partaking in a few holiday cocktails. Sometimes we think we are hungry when our body is dehydrated and we need water. Pour a few drops of lemon in your water and drink it all day!
3. Make it last! If you are enjoying an adult beverage, sip on it and make it last! Stick with clear alcohol (less calories). Vodka and club soda and a few limes is my go to. Make sure your glass of wine is the right portion and not 2 glasses in one! Continue to drink water!!!!
4. Bring the healthy dish! If this is a bring a dish party bring a healthy option so you know you have at least one healthy dish to choose from. This doesn’t mean you can’t eat anything else but at least you don’t have to fill up on fatty dishes that put you in a slump.
5. Have fun and enjoy! Enjoy this season! Try something new but just BE BALANCED. Tomorrow is a new day. We all mess up! When we do, thank God for his grace. When we make good choices thank him for the strength he give us!
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20